A Wandering Celt, Time Traveler Series (2021 Recap): Fort Henry Days 2021 in Wheeling, WV

 Greetings!

A while back when I wrote an article in the June issue of Celtic Nations Magazine about documenting some of my travels as a 'Wandering Celt.' Unfortunately I didn't get to travel as much in 2021 (though a little more than I did in 2020!), but I did get in a little and one major gig I had with Wayward Companions was performing at Fort Henry Days in Wheeling, WV.

This is always a wonderful and fun event that I look forward to every year. The event commemorates the very last battle of the American Revolution in the late 18th century. They have commemorated Betty Zane's run across the battlefield and also other events, such as the women holding down the fort, which was this year's theme.

During my time there, I filmed this short documentary of some of the events.

  

Fort Henry Days is one of my favorite events and since 2017, I've performed there with the music group Wayward Companions. 

 

Me performing with Wayward Companions

The event takes place every Labor Day Weekend and it is always one I look forward to. Below is a nice photo dump from the event this past September.




Tinsmith, Tinman Roy

I got to try some bobbin lace with Applegate's School of Needlework!
 
 
 
Gallowglass performs their set!


  

After dinner, I went to the empty fort where the reenactment takes place and got a little inspired :)







Inside the tavern where I sat in with Gallowglass for the evening tavern!
 



After the tavern...
 
My friend Kara's 18th century clothing and accessory business, A Rose in the Heather
 
A Rose in the Heather
 
A visit from the rat catcher (don't worry, there were no rat infestations!)...
 








Getting ready for the reenactment...
 
The Ratcatcher
 

Faire May performs at the end of the event
 

 The Native encampment is empty after everyone packed up and left after the event


 

My merchandise haul! 

 

 
Fort Henry Days is always a wonderful and fun event and I look forward to the 2022 event!





Thanks for watching! Go on a musical adventure with me through time!
 I'll send you a new song or story, and a personal email from me among exclusive insider news!
 
CLICK HERE AND ENTER YOUR BEST EMAIL IN THE BOX AT THE BOTTOM: https://tiffanyapancelticgothicrock.m... 
+++ WEBSITE: http://tiffanyapan.com 
 
+++ BUY ME A VIRTUAL COFFEE: http://ko-fi.com/tiffanyapanmusic

Comments