A Time Traveler's Halloween (Samhain Recap!): John Neville House and Cockayne Farmstead at Glen Dale

 Greetings Time Travelers and Adventurers!

Not too long ago, the veils of our world thinned, bringing about the festival or holiday of Samhain. Also known to modern folk as Halloween!

In true time traveler fashion, I participated in a couple of Halloween celebrations hailing from the 18th and 19th centuries. 

The first one is of the Ghostly Tales by Firelight event at the John Neville House. This was an event that I actually ran and also participated in as a story teller!

 

The video made was a special Halloween bonus for the Dark Side of the Labyrinth series was presented in a previous post, but if you didn't catch it, here it is below:


Also, here are photos from the evening!












 

Then a week later on Halloween night, I ventured out to West Virginia and the Cockayne Farmstead at Glen Dale for their Scarecrow Lane event.

It was great to see friends there and I finally got to tour this awesome and fascinating historical landmark.

 

There will be a new episode featuring the footage I got in the coming week (featuring my friend Kara Gordon talking about the history of the house) and I was also able to capture some photos of the event and the house.









I very much recommend checking out both of these historic sites and for more information, visit their websites and social media

John Neville House at Woodville website

Cockayne Farmstead at Glen Dale website


I had a very enjoyable Samhain and Halloween this year and for me, this is a great time to travel to different eras. But, anytime these places are open is a good time to visit.

As we move into the colder months and toward the holidays, there will be talk of some holiday traditions of yesteryear, and some history and fantasy theme gift suggestions and reviews.

Til then, travel safe!

 

 

If you want an even more in depth involvement in this journey (which also includes my music in the Dark Celtic Rock realm, along with my stories), consider joining my Legion at my Patreon:
http://patreon.com/tiffanyapanmusic 
 
*******

Thanks for reading!  Go on a musical adventure with me through time where for five days I'll send you a new song or story, and a personal email from me! 
 
FIVE DAY JOURNEY THROUGH TIME:
https://tiffanyapancelticgothicrock.mailchimp.com 
 
+++ WEBSITE: http://tiffanyapan.com 

 





Comments