Inside the Labyrinth, ep 6: Researching a Persona





In this final episode for September (before we go into the Halloween episodes!), I get into the basics of researching a persona for those new to the living history and reenactment community. Now I am coming from a female's perspective, but the basic principles generally apply across the board (though I would like to one day have a male reenactor/interpreter on for an episode to perhaps get that perspective as well).

I also give a couple shout outs at the beginning of this episode:
to two of my friends in the Pittsburgh Historical Costume Society, Sally Knuckles and Laura Mason Lockard (who is also in Wayward Companions and Pittsburgh Historical Music Society with me) and to Jess of Penny River Costumes (I'm wearing her Time Traveler shirt in this episode).

Check out her store!

And also as promised, here are the list of questions that a new interpreter/reenactor must ask themself while building their persona and research.

Who am I?
Where was I born? What year? How old am I?
How did I get to this place?
How do I spend most of my time?
What did I have for breakfast?
How did I learn my skills?
What problems/challenges am I facing now?
What have I accomplished?
What are my goals?
What is my social status?

Enjoy, hope you find this useful and see you in October for some Halloween/Samhain fun!

Thank you for watching! Go on a five day journey through time with me and receive a song or mystical story each day!
Begin your journey here:

ANTIQUITY & ILLUSION SHOP: https://antiquityillusion.bigcartelcom/

OTHER MUSICAL PROJECTS:
WAYWARD COMPANIONS: http://wayward-companions.com
PITTSBURGH HISTORICAL MUSIC SOCIETY: http://pittsburghhistoricalmusicsociety.org

Comments