Whiskey Rebellion, Historic Harmony, Treasure 15, Slim Forsythe (July Music Gigs)

Hey there!

So you know how I said my next blogpost was going to be on the vintage inspired cosmetics I love so much?

Well, I lied.

Yes, that post is still coming soon, but I realized I still have a lot of photos from my July gigs that still have yet to see the light of day, or at least this blog. A lot went on in July as far as history events and music gigs went and it seemed I was going nonstop (and I kind of was). But here is a little recap of July gigs and you will be able to see even more at my email tribe. :)

Whiskey Rebellion Festival

I performed here with Wayward Companions and we had two slots; one on the main stage and the other in the garden of the David Bradford House.

Photos taken backstage and inside the VIP room:








Performance on the main stage:







Lunch break at the Union Grill (I will be doing a write up of this cool little pub!):






And our performance in the David Bradford House garden:



And what would an event commemorating the Whiskey Rebellion be without a good old fashioned tar and feathering:




in the end, it's all in good fun :D



Treasure 15 Ethereal and Dreampop Night

Not even a week following the Whiskey Rebellion Festival, I was back performing my own music again at the Treasure 15 Ethereal and Dreampop Night, which took place at Howlers in Pittsburgh. For this event, I kept the arrangement simple and had my friend and pianist, Laura Martin, performing with me. :)



 The song "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by the Bauhaus was playing when this photo was taken...the goth kid in me was happy :)





Performing with Wayward Companions at the In Harmony Music Festival in Historic Harmony, PA

Wayward Companions and I were back in Historic Harmony for the fourth time and the second time at their annual In Harmony Music Festival. The era of this location is Regency era, so my attire was more Jane Austen for this gig. :)






 We performed two shows...one Wayward Companions show and the second with the Pittsburgh Historical Music Society Orchestra

 getting home and some much needed sleep!


Slim Forsythe Concert

And lastly, I got to perform in the Slim Forsythe concert/my friend Chuck's bday party. This was a little different from what I normally do musically, but stepping outside your comfort zone can be fun.
My outfit was inspired by Elvis Presley's Jailhouse Rock attire, and I also wore the daisy earrings my grandfather gave my grandmother when they were dating. I topped it off with and Everly Brothers pin I found at a music store and a dove pin in memorium of a friend from the reenactment community that passed away suddenly. And of course, my grandfather's fan club card was in my back pocket. <3
And yes, I did take several selfies because I loved the look I was rockin' that evening. :)







Yeah, I'll say it: brows and lipstick were on fleek that night
 


 photo op with Tricky Mannion, who played fiddle for Slim :)


There were also a couple other events I attended, and if you still have yet to check out their respected blog posts, here they are

Fort Niagara, Part 1

Fort Niagara, Part 2

French Creek Heritage Festival and 18th century Ice Cream Social at the Depreciation Lands Museum

And that was July for me. Pretty amazing!

Now stay tuned for the new Health and Beauty blog post were I will cover my favorite vintage inspired cosmetics line! You don't wanna miss it (especially if you're a Snow White fan like me). ;)

Comments