Author Spotlight on A.L. Mabry




A.L. Mabry is a publisher and multi-genre author. She is currently working on several projects, including a short story collection, Darker Daze: The Storms Within (dark fiction) and the first book in her Chthonian Guardian trilogy, Soul Purge (fantasy). Darker Daze is being released exclusively on Patreon while Soul Purge will be published in 2017 by OWS Ink, llc. She has a sci-fi project in the works, Vivamus (science fiction), which will be released in early 2018.
A.L. Mabry is one of the founders of and the Executive Marketing Manager for Our Write Side (OWS Ink, llc), an online community for writers, readers, publishers and more. She writes occasional articles on OWS focused on the connection between life and writing. She publishes articles on Medium and also has a weekly writing prompt; Coldly Calculating: Writing By The Numbers: Putting a dark twist on colloquial phrases with a numbers theme.
She was previously the Editor in Chief for Eat, Sleep, Write and once ran a successful special needs blog, Rage Against the Washing Machine which has since been retired. She is a highly sought freelance writer who specializes in research-based writing. This allows her to provide quality content on a variety of topics. She enjoys helping other authors find their way with private coaching and sharing what she has learned from personal experience, for example, this post on Perfecting Your Bio. As an author, she enjoys writing in all genres and forms, even grocery lists. She is an artist at heart and Wiccan by nature with an obsessive love of vampires, kilts, and blue butterflies. She is passionate about many topics, and her posts and stories are often laced with the snarky sense of humor one acquires from raising five teenagers, all at once.
In her downtime, she can be found with her loving husband, Shawn, and their children. She maintains her shreds of sanity with yoga, tea, and cats.
You can connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedn, Instagram, and Tumblr or shoot her an email. Be sure to subscribe to this site to stay updated on story progress and release dates.

And now a little about her book Soul Purge and a key person within the story...




Author's note: Tiago is one of the antagonist we journey with through my Chthonian Guardian series. His role is a complicated, complex one although he doesn't realize it. He sets off with very distinct plans which never seem to pan out quite right. Will this broken soul seek the ultimate revenge or will he walk a road of redemption? Only time will tell.
1. What would you say is your best physical attribute?
A lot of people have said my eyes are quite mesmerizing *snicker* but, personally I would say my hands. My hands assist me in everything from survival to...pleasure. *wink*
(Did he just wink at me??)
**Clearing my throat**
2. How much have your parents influenced who you have become?
Well, I did get me blood thirst from them...other than that, nothing I suppose. Left me to be raised by the Queen's court while they remained on Guardian duty. I was groomed to be a consort to the Queen, a position I held fast for many centuries. Once I met DeeAnn, my anam cara, I no longer warmed her majesty's bed.

3. Often people are able to identify with a quote, or there is a quote that effectively sums up their beliefs. Is there any such quote for you?
Our Queen has often said, "Love is a weakness, no good comes of it." So far I have found no proof to the contrary.

4. Who is this darling little creature hiding behind you? Is she with you often?
Oh this little beauty? This is Maeve; I think she is a brownie. SHe came runnin’ through the woods with a piece bread she stole from some brute an’ he was hell bent on getting it back. I didn't really set out to save her...I was trying to take a nap and she was making quite a ruckus. So, I set him straight about it and she tricked me into keeping her by my side. She's a wee bit shy with strangers though she'll often talk my head off.

5. When you turned around I couldn't help but notice the scar that runs down your back. Do you care to share with us how that happen?
Like my parents, I am a Guardian. My charge, Emilia, has always been a bit...hard headed. She's a wee lass but always set on doing things her own way. One evening she insisted on picking some herbs herself, to help a healer. I stayed right with her but we were ambushed by some vile creatures. That scar was the result of a poisonous talon that left me nearly paralyzed. I had only enough strength to kill my charge.

6. Wait...you killed the young lady you were supposed to protect?
There are worse fates than death. Had this creature gotten its vile hands on my charge it would have proven unfortunate for all of us. Can we change the subject, love?

7. Certainly, um...Everyone seems to have that one thing they fear...you strike me as a brave man but is there anything that worries you?
Losing my anam cara. She is my promise of Transcendence. I cannae leave this world without her because she is the completion of my soul.

8. What is Transcendence, exactly?
You humans call it "Heaven." It is where our souls finally get to rest in continuous joy once they have reached complete growth. Every soul lives, dies, and lives again until every lesson has been learned and absolute radiance has been achieved. Our Queen spends much of her life observing the souls and placing them appropriately.

9. Do you normally kill people?
No. Well, not usually. Only sometimes...if they deserve it. Really it is our job to keep the humans safe from...other creatures...but sometimes the humans are their own worst enemies.

10. Are you a vampire, witch or ware?
Yes.

11. I meant which of these are you?
All of them. None of them. I am a Chthonian.

Well, there you have it folks! A sneak peek at one of our beloved Chthonian Guardians. I wonder how much his next interview will differ from today's? We will check back with him prior to book two!

For more information. visit
http://authoralmabry.com

and her patreon can be found at https://www.patreon.com/amandamabry




Comments