Inside the Labyrinth, Ep 16: Women in the 18th Century & Through History



Back in September, Laura Mason Lockard and I gave a presentation on women in the 18th century and some other parts of history at the Neville House in Bridgeville, PA. What inspired this was that during my time in the living history and reenactment community, I've seen a lot of hesitation among women getting involved. Meaning that they want to get involved somehow, but are unsure of where they might fit in, because (in their words), 'what options did women have back then?' I have also seen this while even talking to visitors at a museum. Whether I've been in the schoolhouse or blacksmith shop (especially in a place like the blacksmith shop), I get the question of 'now would women have even been doing this?' (by the way, the answer to the question regarding both occupations is yes).
Episode 16 of Inside the Labyrinth consists of Laura's and my presentation for those that were unable to attend. Learn about some very fascinating women, their lives, occupations and if they really were as maligned as many tend to think.



**********



Thank you for watching! Go on a five day journey through time with me and receive a song or mystical story each day!

Begin your journey here:





ANTIQUITY & ILLUSION SHOP: https://antiquityillusion.bigcartelcom/



OTHER MUSICAL PROJECTS:

WAYWARD COMPANIONS: http://wayward-companions.com

PITTSBURGH HISTORICAL MUSIC SOCIETY: http://pittsburghhistoricalmusicsociety.org

Comments