Ghostly Songs and Tales...



Hey there!

So yes, I'm catching up on blogposts, a couple of them being from Halloween. As many of you know, I pretty much live for Halloween (old news to those that have been following me for a while) and am often very busy during the month of October. This year (2018) was no different.

One event that I was part of this year was a concert event put together by my friend Chuck Owston, featuring multiple musicians. The theme was Songs that Go Bump in the Night (consisting of dark and ghost tales and murder ballads) and took place at the North Versailles Public Library in North Versailles, PA.
It was a fun night (even though I started coming down with a cold shortly after I went on) and the songs I performed with Chuck included Three Pale Queens (based on Arthurian legend), Skellig (a Loreena McKennitt cover), She Waits Upon the Shore (a Chuck Owston original), and Pretty Polly (an Appalachian murder ballad).


 Chuck and I performing She Waits Upon the Shore

Photos of the evening in North Versailles:

















Another event I took part in (and ran) was the Bonfire Stories at the Neville House, an 18th century historic site in Bridgeville, PA. Due to the weather, we had to move it indoors and make it more of a candlelight stories night, but it all still worked out. I had great fun telling stories of old and the night made episode 12 of Inside the Labyrinth.

Photos from the Bonfire Stories night:

Starting to prep the Stillhouse where the stories took place
my storytelling chair!

We still got a bit of a bonfire going and it did hold out despite the rather wet weather.




and the room temperature for the event was 66 66...you can't make this stuff up...




the awesome people that came to sit in on some ghost tales

So that was a small part of my October and I will be working on getting caught up on my October postings (I know, epic fail here) in the next few days (no, I really will). There are also only two more episodes left until the Christmas themed "Ghosts of Christmas Past" episodes (yes, more haunted history), which will commemorate an ancient tradition of telling ghost stories during this holiday season.
And last but not least, Episode 15 of Inside the Labyrinth dropped at 7pm tonight (all episodes from here on out with drop at 7pm on a Friday. I will have the episode along with photos taken at the event posted here as well.
Hope everyone is having a safe and fun Thanksgiving weekend!




**********


Thank you for reading! Go on a five day journey through time with me and receive a song or mystical story each day!
Begin your journey here:

ANTIQUITY & ILLUSION SHOP: https://antiquityillusion.bigcartelcom/

OTHER MUSICAL PROJECTS:
WAYWARD COMPANIONS: http://wayward-companions.com
PITTSBURGH HISTORICAL MUSIC SOCIETY: http://pittsburghhistoricalmusicsociety.org

Comments