Newly completed sewing projects...

Hey there!

So as I prep my blog posts on the French Creek Heritage event in Cochranton, PA, the ice cream social at the Depreciation Lands Museum in Allison Park, PA and the Whiskey Rebellion Festival, I'm sharing some recent small sewing and jewelry projects and giving the sutlers from whom I bought the materials from a shout out. :)


The first is a satin drawstring bag with a silk ribbon as the drawstring. Drawstring bags can be used in most era reenacting, starting at the late 14th century. Satin made its introduction in the Middle Ages, originally made from silk.
While I bought the material from JoAnn Fabric, the silk ribbon is from one of my favorite 18th century sutlers, Liberty Linens.


 The second item is a necklace made from a pendant I got from Grandma's Soap and Stuff (another one of my faves) and silk black ribbon that I also bought from Liberty Linens at the Fort Frederick Market Fair back in April. I was debating between matching the pendant with the red ribbon (now used in the drawstring bag) or the black. Followers on my Facebook page unanimously preferred the black. I think the right choice was made. :)


The last one includes a heart shaped pocket watch I got from Romantically Bent in Fort Niagara. I swapped the chain out for the other half of the black silk ribbon that I got from Liberty Linens. :)

Check out these awesome sutlers on their web pages.

Liberty Linens:
Liberty Linens Website
Liberty Linens Facebook

Grandma's Soap and Stuff :
Grandma's Soap and Stuff website

Romantically Bent:
Romantically Bent Facebook
Romantically Bent Instagram
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Monsoon Concert...Thunder, Lightening, and Music, OH MY! And some Pyrates too!

    Well hey there! I'm back after a long hiatus from posting here! It's been an eventful year as I'm prepping for some cool thi...