MUSIC REVIEW: Tempest's New Album, "The Tracks We Leave"






Two weeks ago, the Celtic Rock band, Tempest, came through my town as part of their 2015 Spring Tour. The band was hosted by my friend Chuck Owston, playing this tour stop at the Bryn Mawr Church. This was my second time seeing Tempest live, and I will say that like the last time (when I saw them at the same venue two years ago), they did not disappoint.

For your viewing pleasure, here are some clips from my first time seeing them two years ago:



No matter what venue they are playing at, Tempest offers a highly energetic and entertaining stage show (and Heaven help you if you do not participate :P ). In this most recent concert, they performed their entire new CD, "The Tracks We Leave" from beginning to end. And yes, I enjoyed it immensely. So much, that I picked up a copy after the show (which all the band members graciously signed).
The following morning, I played the CD as I wrote another chapter of Kindred (The Birthrite Series, #2). And given the setting and subject matter of my book series, the music and songs were most definitely befitting. The album title (and title track...which is #2 on the album) is inspired by a very poignant old Dakota Sioux proverb:

"We will be known forever by the tracks we leave."

And I must say that the title track is by far my favorite on the album.

The rest of the album is equally good though, and while Tempest is typically labeled as Celtic Rock, they do play around with other styles and have also have influences from various areas of the world (also dabbling in Norwegian Folk as founding member and frontman Lief Sorbye hails from Norway). They also inject their own brand of humor into every performance.
All in all, it is an enjoyable experience, and I do recommend giving them a listen. And if they will be rolling through your town, stop in and see their show!

You can check out more on Tempest by visiting their official website:
http://tempestmusic.com 

It is also there you will find concert dates along with their CDs and merchandise (yes, I always advocate buying directly from the artist).

Absolutely 5 out of 5 stars. :)










Comments