Straight off My Bookshelf: "Simply Crimson (The Scarlet Erotique Series, #1)" and "Hunting His Highland Lass"

Well, it's Sunday again and time for some more stuff off my bookshelf!

Both are relatively quick reads and lean more toward the romantic side, but the first is definitely for this searching for something extremely erotic.



Simply Crimson starts a new series by Sai Marie Johnson called The Scarlet Erotique Series. It tells of the story of trophy wife, Camille de Clervaux who suspects her husband of infidelity and decides to, one night, investigate. What she discovers goes way beyond anything she ever suspected and is suddenly thrust into a new and wonderfully dark world she never dreamed of being in.
I will start by saying that I don't think I would recommend this to the squeamish reader or anyone looking for a more sweet romance. The title and cover say it all: it's a really hot read. Though combined with Ms. Johnson's writing style, even the most depraved acts come across as being almost poetic. For a short read, the characters are pretty well developed, as is the atmosphere, and in many ways I think this actually tops the first book in the Dark Priesthood series.

Sai Marie Johnson's Guestpost on this blog

Smashwords

Amazon

Goodreads



As I said in one of my last reviews, I get on a Highlander romance kick every once in a while. One of my more recent reads within that subgenre was Samantha Holt's Hunting His Highland Lass, a story of love and war. This one was a mixed bag for me. The story is sweet about miscalculations with a beautifully created atmosphere within the Scottish highlands. The story between the two characters is touching, though there were times it seemed a bit unrealistic, I also get that stories like these are typically meant for escape, and if a story is going to involve some details that seem a bit of a stretch, I'd rather the female be shown as strong and capable (which she is). Overall, it is a short and fun read.

Samantha Holt Website

Goodreads

Amazon

******

My stories, "The Cemetery by the Lake" and "Dusk to Dawn" are available at Smashwords and Barnes & Noble NOOK. More retailers will follow, but Smashwords is pretty compatible with most e-reader and PC formats.
and Amazon
"The Cemetery by the Lake" at Smashwords and Barnes & Noble NOOK
"Dusk to Dawn" at Smashwords
Tiffany on Goodreads
My music is also available at CDBaby
Support great authors and independent bookstores at Smashwords and Indiebound

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Monsoon Concert...Thunder, Lightening, and Music, OH MY! And some Pyrates too!

    Well hey there! I'm back after a long hiatus from posting here! It's been an eventful year as I'm prepping for some cool thi...